Re: Huge Union Pacific Loco order.

Danny Webb <bigdan@hinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:940675929.661195@valkyrie.hinet.net.au...

> >>David I suggest you read Trains Newswire again you seem to have some of
> your information wrong.
> >Union Pacific has BOUGHT 1000 new SD70M's not leased them and they are
not
> AC traction
> >If they were AC they would be SD70MAC
> >"M" stands for modified from original design (mostly means the units are
> fitted with a comfort cab)
> >also the deal is reportedly worth $2 Billion US Dollars and they will be
> delivered over four years

I did the original posting not David and you are correct to say the are NOT
AC locomotives (my mistake).  The "units will be off-the-shelf 4000 h.p.
SD70M models, apparently without GM's isolated cab or A.C. traction, as many
of UP's and other carriers' new locomotives boast."   However, the
locomotives will be LEASED, both the TRAINS MAGAZINE Newsline article states
this and so does the Union Pacific Railroad's web site.