Re: Hornsby Yard

Not that I'm trying to go one better but the delay slip left for me from the
Hornsby "leg" of the trip to Richmond read 27 late and by the time we got
there we were 43 late.  Got blocked three times on the up and arrived 41
late.  What a good guard I must be.....I made up 2 minutes!!  Hehehe.  I
think the source of the problem was a failed goods train.

Regards to all

Jane

Hubert <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
7uk9up$kg$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7uk9up$kg$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
Most trains that ran from Hornsby (via Shore or Main line) around 2-4pm were
late. The 3:16pm from Hornsby via Main line was 30min late!

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
380D7261.F4AD4627@fastlink.com.au">news:380D7261.F4AD4627@fastlink.com.au...

Robert Timms wrote:

> WTF is going on in Hornsby Yard?
>
> After pulling into Hornsby 15 minutes late, yet again, I came back to find
> a train from the shore on 1 and another train from the yard metres short
> of platform 1, past any signals or protection, with the points set for
> a collision.
>
> An inspector supervised the reversal of the train in the yard, it then
> immediately pulled forward into platform 2 and went up the shore,
> while the train on 1 pulled out into the yard into the siding where
> the first train had been.
>
> --

Yard working!

Sounds as if the train on one platform was a failure.

rgds