Re: St Leonards, NSW

In <380b8927@dnews.tpgi.com.au> "Richo" <richardc@tpg.com.au> writes:

>Does that mean they will do something with Artamon?

>I presume Chatswood gets 2 extra platforms (or 1 extra and 1 reinstated).
>The idea of doing it underground at Chatswood sounds OK - I mean the line
>will be coming in underground anyway, and surfacing near Roseville sounded
>silly to me - not a lot of space there. For that matter, they could
>underground the entire Chatswood complex and sell the land on top. What
>about through to North Sydney - a bit tight through Waverton although the
>back road for the Lavender Bay line suggests there might be some room.

All stations between North Sydney and Chatswood have enough land area to
support 4 tracks. That was part of the standard arrangement for when the
land was originally purchased at the time of duplication.

Chatswood can't support 4 above-ground platforms anymore unless the bus
interchange is reduced, but 3 tracks is easy since platform 1 is still there
and has not had any demolition work performed.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport