Re: Oct RD report; Queenslander 2800 locos - and tilt train

John McCandless <johnmc@topend.com.au> wrote in message
380d92cb.0@news.topend.com.au">news:380d92cb.0@news.topend.com.au...

>  I would think that the chances of Rocky to Cairns being electrified are
> slim to none.

Agreed.

>As far as the diesel tilt-train, it's well beyond the rumour
> stage - Walkers in Maryborough are going to make them.
> In the September issue of All Aboard - Qr's staff newspaper, there is an
> article on Walkers officially opening a new Tilt Train workshop on
November
> 14 with an open day called Trainfest '99.
> "The workshop is designed to construct the new Tilt Trains that will run
> from Brisbane to Cairns in 2003"
>
> Hmmm.... so we will have a diesel tilt train running under wires from
> Brisbane to Rocky?

Why not make it an electro-diesel, like the ex-BR (now EWS,SWT,GatEx,etc)
Class73 - run on overhead from Brisbane to Rocky, and diesel from Rocky to
Cairns.

DaveP