Re: FV Grain

Andrew <atailby@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
7ujsia$66c$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7ujsia$66c$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> i noticed in the white rose flour mill sidings there was a number of grain
> wagons from victoria including one in the new colours.
> what is the reason behind bring fv grain wagons to nsw insted of using our
> own wagons?
> andrew
Andrew,
            where are the mills?
Freight Victoria run Sorgum in Goofys from  (Goulburn?)NSW about 3 times a
month. They use their own wagons because they won the contract. They pay
Freight Rail to haul them to the Wodonga Coal Sidings where they are
attached to 9692/1.
In a very short time Freight Victoria will be running logs from Canberra to
Woolongong using F/V locos and Vehicles as well as using LVR crews.
And we are about to operate wheat trains from Junee and other locations to
Melbourne on a daily basis.
{ps. if it upsets you that Freight Corp are losing business to us, you
should be assured  that they are running their own services into Victoria
twice a day, and a huge coal contract in SA}
Rod ;O)  hic!