Re: Cowra-Blayney [NSW AUS] to Re-open

If  Mudgee did reopen to passengers we would be back to the point in NSW we
were at in 1985 in terms of routes open to passengers (except N of Armidale
which has closed) and Moss Vale-Unanderra which are privately run. And of
course Cooma (which I dearly miss, used to catch the return leg which you
could board at Campbelltown (pre Macarthur opening) with a 48 on the front
for a quick windows open run into town via Granville. This was the fun of
rail - not paying $xx.xx for excursions but paying the the normal rail fare
for a rail journey with a difference.

Maybe following the Echuca and Griffith precedents, one train a week might
be attractive, with buses the rest of the time. Intelligently marketed it
could cater for wine drinkers, via Ulan one way and via Kandos the other.

> PETer and susAN wrote:
> >

> > Now, if the Mudgee line was to be reopened and freight use the Ulan /
Gulgong connection, as