Re: Alice Springs - Darwin and funding

In article <boOO3.91$W51.1950@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net> "michael pascoe" <bitsnpcs@primus.com.au> writes:
>From: "michael pascoe" <bitsnpcs@primus.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Alice Springs - Darwin and funding
>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:58:09 +1000

>http://abc.net.au/news/state/sa/archive/metsa-18oct1999-21.htm

>this is where the info's at.

The obvious question here is on what basis were the Austral-Pacific Consortium
selected as the preffered bidder,if they dont have , or dont want to provide
enough finance to undertake the project.
Theres no doubt that this project is extremely marginal without buckets of
Govt  money , indeed I suspect that it will eventually need all Govt money
to get the thing rolling,but if we are going to pretend that the private
sector can finance the larger part of the project ,surely its prudent to pick
a bidder with sufficient capital behind them.
Maybe I am missing something obvious.

MD