Re: Z1 Car No. 1 (trying again)

> > the next span wires.  In Melbourne though, more often than not the catcher
> > would not catch since it has not been properly wound and the trolley
> > poles would just bounce merrily from one span to the next.  I will advise
> > on whether Number 1 still has catchers when I next see it, however there is
> > still one W and one Z3 with them, even though there are no ropes in
> > them.  The Z3 that has them has been equipped with a pantograph for at
> > least 3 years now.  Of course, this posting will cause some busy body to
> > bring it to Preston shops' attention, and they will be removed.  If you see
> > it, take pictures while you still can.
>
> With regard to Z1 no. 1, this car is the same as all other Zs, i.e. no
> retrievers
> /catchers.

The Z3 is either 142 or 146, but AFAIK, the trolley rope catchers /
retrievers have now been removed.
I'm pretty sure the Malvern W also has had it's catcher / retriever
removed.
And, just for the record, Z1.1 has neither catchers or retrievers.

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278