Sale - Bairnsdale line.

I went for a walk along the Avon river bridge at Stratford yesterday evening
(Sat.) and notice that some minor 'patch up' work has taken place. There has
been trucks parked near or under the trestle section on some days, which is
what made me have a look after work.
Parts of the decking have large holes, allowing the ballast to leak out.
The points in Stratford yard (and elsewhere along the line, no doubt) were
measured up recently by ABB crews (I'm told that's who they were. I didn't
actually see them, although ABB trucks are parked in Sale yard).
RTL1 made a return trip from Sale to Hillside a few weeks ago too.
Could the Stratford bridge be being fixed 'on the cheap' to allow the RTL to
run log trains, until more permanent work is approved??? Could be
interesting I guess.
Anyone know more than I do?

Darren Hodges.