Re: Submarine Stations (was Wolli Creek Station (NSW))

Rod Gayford wrote:

> Thats why there is a pump to get rid of seepage.

There are 6 pumps at Hay street.  4 normal pumps, and two emergencies.  There are two tunnel
pump chambers at Erskineville with (I think) 4 pumps in each.  There are two pumps at Chalmers
Street (near Platform 25)  There is the Hay street pumps between Central and Town Hall.  There
are pumps between Town Hall and Martin Place.  There are pumps between Kings Cross and
Edgecliff.  There are pumps between Town Hall and Wynyard on the City Outer.  I can't think of
any others off hand...

> C. Dewick wrote:
>
> > 26/27 and 24/25 at Central, plus 11/12 at Redfern, are not below sea level.
> > The ESR between Central (24/25) and Town Hall (4/5) actually goes below sea
> > level more than the NSR does, afaik. I think the ESR goes down to about 12
> > metres below mean sea level where it passes under Belmore Park, etc. near
> > the Capital Theatre.

The rail level is approx 10 metres below sea level, with the bottom of the pump chamber going
down to 14 metres below.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au