Re: British accident track layout

pwankerdwyer raved and ranted in
<09920fb9.4e7b4f6a@usw-ex0102-009.remarq.com>... (snipped bits below)

On a lighter note .....

Andy wants a job as a signalman on the railways. He is told to meet
the inspector at the signal box.

The inspector asks, "What would you do if you realized that two
trains were heading for each other on the same track?"

Andy says, "I would switch the points for one of the trains."

"What if the lever broke?" asked the inspector.

"Then I'd dash down out of the signal box," said Andy, "and I'd
use the manual lever over there."

"What if that had been struck by lightening?"

"Then I'd run back into the signal box and phone the next signal box."

"What if the phone were busy?"

"Well, in that case, I'd rush down and use the public emergency
phone along the track."

"What if it were vandalized?"

"Oh, well then I'd run into the village and get my uncle Silas."
This puzzled the inspector, so he asked "Why would you do that?"

"Because he's never seen a train crash."