Re: Sarina cane railway smash

canetram59 <canetram59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
380078d3@grissom">news:380078d3@grissom...
> Apparently two ex NSWSRA 73 Class conversions met head on in a major smash
> on the 2'0" gauge Plane Creek Mill system at Sarina,  today. Crew member
on
> one train was killed. I don't have any other details at present.

More details on the cane railway smash at Sarina. The locomotives involved
were not ex NSWSRA 73 Class conversions. They were the "Allan Page" , an ex
QR DH conversion which was bringing in to the mill 88 loaded bins collided
on a level crossing with D12 a 32 tonne E.M.Baldwin bogie loco which was
taking out empties. The driver of the "Allan Page" jumped off his loco
before the impact but was killed when the loaded bins behind derailed. The
poinstman on the "Allan Page" stayed in the cab of the loco. The crew of D12
also bailed out and were unharmed.

canetram59