Re: Coal over the Blue Mountains

Ian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I often see long trains hauling coal over the Blue Mountains.
> Does anyone know where this coal is coming from, and where is is going ?
> What trains are used for this operation ?
> What amount of coal is held in each wagon ?
>
> Regards
>
> Ian
>
> --
>
> Greetings from Sydney, Australia.
> Home of the Year 2000 Olympic Games.
> Friday 15th Sept - Sunday 1st Oct 2000.
> http://www.sydney.olympic.org/
> http://www.tourism.nsw.gov.au/
> http://www.aussie.net.au/
> http://www.abc.net.au/

The trains you are seeing are seeing are either coming from Clarence,
Baal Bone or Charbon. They will normally be either
33 or 42 wagon trains.
Motive Power is usually either 2 or 3 Electric or Diesel Engines
of the 86, 81 or 82 classes.
The wagons are NHFF Hoppers with a capacity of 75 tonnes giving
a gross mass of 100 tonnes each. They use mostly Westinghouse
Relay braking equipment and some Davies an Metcalfe relay brakes
and are supplied with Main  Reservoir air from the Locomotives
for supply of the Supplementary Reservoirs.

--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.