RE: DOO in Sydney, how safe could it be?

Guys,
How many citryrail stations have platforms that curve either to the outside, so the driver cannot see past his own carrage. ie Mt Colah down. or have an inward curve that the station buildings prohibit the driver from seeing the end of the train.

Do you remove train guards but put them at the designated stations that are too unsafe fro DOO? What about the last minute runners. In my time as a Sydney commuter that use to be the norm for people to jump on a train with doors closing, sometimes it was only the guard that stopped the train or opened the doors. I have seen a guy bounce off a closing door and slide down between the platform and train. That was at Waitara, the driver could never have seen that happen due to the platform curve.

Another option, why don't we rebuild the unsafe stations?

Shane