(MELB) Route 70, Australian Open, etc.

Does anyone have a date yet for when the Flinders St extension will be open?
According to the Tennis Australia website, the following will apply:

"A new tram shuttle service (from the city to Melbourne Park on Yarra Trams)
free to Tournament ticket-holders will be introduced at Australian Open
2000. The tram route (number 70) begins its journey at Spencer Street
Station and features stops outside the Garden Square entrance and MPV."

Notice the reference to Spencer St station. When is the the extension due to
open? Will it be before 17 January, 2000?

BTW, for those who have already mentioned it, I will not be a ticket holder,
so I will not be entitled to free travel. This does raise another issue
though, with regard to football.

Sydney for the last three years has had Swanslink, whereby for the price of
admission to the  SCG you also got rail travel plus bus transfers to the
SCG. You had to purchase your tickets from CityRail though.

It was expanded to St.George home games last year.

Now that it has happened in Melbourne, I wonder if the AFL will do a similar
thing for games at Docklands, MCG and Optus Oval?

DaveP