Re: GSPE article

The Railway News reckons that last years TV doco/infotainment on GSPE was
the highest rating TV show on that night. Contrary to the conventional
wisdom that rail has a poor reputation in this country - there obviously is
latent enthusiasm for rail transport in this country among the general
population - even if it is the escapist "luxury train" view of things rather
than your bread and butter rail that is the norm.

I've often wondered how in this country we could promote the view of rail
the way it is in Europe and Asia. To start we would have to get management,
unions, pollies and business to lift their game a bit.

1fUL3.23$rz3.393808@news0.optus.net.au">news:1fUL3.23$rz3.393808@news0.optus.net.au...