Re: Three Position Signalling

> *snip*

> Not quite David, the Portland Dwarf was the first, Alan Hales introduced it
> when he was Supt Safeworking. It came out as a Special instruction first,
> then the Show Grounds was added.
>
> The first instance was at Murtoa during the CTC construction when the Up
> home at Murtoa was replaced by a colour light signal, as an intrim the "A"
> light was used for the mainline departure and the "C" light was used to
> access Marmalake Siding from the mainlaine , this came out as a Special
> Instruction also.

This is similar to the construction of the Standard Gauge at Newport.
Post 144 (behind the box) was turned into a "point indicator" during
construction.
The "A" light was a marker light, the "B" light was marked "Broad Gauge Only",
and the "C" light was marked "Standard Gauge only".

This signal was completely removed sometime after the temporary loop was taken
out..

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.