Re: DOO In Sydney? 4D and DOO

Exnarc wrote:

> Yes 2003 is probably a more realistic date, as even if the decision is made
> the day after the Olympics it would take a couple of years to do Cab mods
> (and you will need them), fit doors with DOO features, rewrite the rule
> books to eliminate the guards duties, negotiate with the RT&BU, re deploy
> the existing staff, the list goes on.

I worked one of those trains with the new door open indicators and automatic
announcements last week.  My train status report for that car reads:

C3981 - DOIL circuit not functioning
C3981 - DWD circuit not functioning
C3981 - Ampmeter defective
C3981 - Windscreen wiper defective
C3981 - Guards blue lights on both sides not working
C3981 - DOILs adjacent to No. 1,2,3 & 4 doors missing.
C3981 - DOILs on driver's console missing

This is just one of a few cars fitted with this equipment.  If it doesn't work,
then what hope have we got for DOO?

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au