Re: Kensington Grain Sidings - VIC

Steven Hurst said on 04-Oct-1999 in
<938999206.974408@diddley.primus.com.au>:

>    Michael Kurkowski and myself (on seperate occasions) noted T392 in
>    the
>Goodman Fielder siding at Kensington on Thursday (? or Friday ?).  There
>was also a FV liveried Grain Hopper there at the time - and a flatwagon.

Hi, wasn't quite a flat wagon (VL**) but was an open wagon (VO**). Were
there any specific open bogie grain wagons, or was this something else that
i saw? (I have a database of this at home, but haven't had time to look
through it lately).

> This would be the first FV liveried 'item' on the BMS line.  Also the
>flatwagon would be the first wagon that wasn't a grain or quarry wagon
>fro quite some time...

As for the VHGF, it's certainly the first I've seen in FV livery on the
broady line.

>    Michael also tells me that T392 has only recently been returned to
>service (?).

Yes, this i found in a post to ausloco, on 1/10/1999 by Darren Wood.

Today at Kensington was P20, with possibly only 3 VHGF's (unless some were
hidden somewhere or i was travelling on the up spark at a speed that made
me miss more?

Today travelled the last car on my up spark, and decided to stick my head
out the door for the first time while standing at Kensginton to see if
anything was there. Looks like to see anything i will need to travel the
first car next time :/

Regards
Michael