Re: 4D/Tangara

WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
7t7f0o$str$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7t7f0o$str$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Jonathan Boles <mousewithglasses@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 01bf0d6e$c91f5260$7e0665cb@tom-boles">news:01bf0d6e$c91f5260$7e0665cb@tom-boles...
> > is it possible to easily tell the difference at a glance?
>
> Yes - the glass panels are obviously glass (from the reflections) whilst
the
> metal panels are obviously metal (from the matt finish).
>
> DaveP
>
> > >  Very few Tangaras still have glass 'Tangara' panels. Most are now
> > enameled
> > > metal plates. This change started over 5 years ago now.
> > >
> > >  Actually it is kinda surprising any Tangaras still have glass panels,
> > but
> > > I do see the occasionally.

I must admit I hadn't noticed the glass panels being replaced with metal,
but I don't get to Sydney very often.
Are they using stainless steel with the same finish as the rest of the car?
If they are, Goninan or someone must have kept some in stock as we rolled it
specially for the Tangaras and BHP's stainless plant has now been closed for
almost two and a half years.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton