Re: Great South Pacific Express running on Sydney Western Line!!!

Dan wrote in message <7t4igs$c3a$1@the-fly.zip.com.au>...
>I have seen the Great South Pacific Express running via Flemington on the
>down main line (going west) at approx 12:15, Saturday 2nd October. I
>understand there is trackwork in Hornsby to Cowan but there is some things
>that baffled me:
>1. Is it going to Brisbane?

First, I haven't checked out Hornsby this weekend but the expectation in
there would be one track available at Hornsby for diesel-powered
long-distance trains.
Second, when it leaves for Brisbane, it usually leaves at 3 pm Sunday.

Now, where did it go today and why? Just around the Bankstown circle or
something more exciting?

Rgds

Bill