Re: (VIC) Derailment @ Elders

9751 derailed approximately 22:00 Friday. The suspected cause (at least
Friday night) was a hot box. As far as I can see at Elders the wagons are
more on the SG line than the BG.
The east line was not blocked but debris was across west (BG) line. The
21:30/22:30 and 23:30 down Geelong trains ran as normal.
I assume the early Saturday morning up Geelong trains ran ex Geelong. The
first terminations at Lara were at approximately 08:00 (Lara time).
The up morning Warrnambool (S311) terminated at Geelong and returned to
Warrnambool. The down morning Warrnambool (R711) terminated at Lara and
returned empty cars at 10:30 approx. (R711 Tender first). The up Overland
terminated at Nth Shore and passengers were put onto a Vline extra pass.
Overland then pushed back to Gheringhap, and ran around.  The down Overland
was behind 9751 and presumably went back to Melbourne.

G517 is at Elders assisting.

Michael

Notagunzel <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
4PdJ3.89$lN1.3538@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:4PdJ3.89$lN1.3538@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Sometime last night, 9751/MP9 Down SCT derailed at the Grade Crossing for
Elders
> Siding, aka Elders Block point.  6 ABFY vans derailed, and ended up very
neatly
> lined up on the West Line (BG).  I'm not aware of the cause yet, but my
spy
> reports a broken rail in the SG just before the Grade Crossing.  Whether
this
> happened before or after the derailment I don't know.  'Gheringhap Loop'
> reported in Ausloco that what was left of the SCT went through Gheringhap
at
> 0158 (Sat) with G519+G535 and only 17 SCT wagons.
>
> Rerailing operations have commenced with heavy cranes, situated on the
West
> Line.  the East Line is also being fouled by the cranes at work.
>
> All services on the BG to GEX are terminating at Lara (or not running?).
> beleive the R on the Warrnambool isn't running.
>
> The Up Overland got to Gheringhap? and has terminated, and is currently
running
> West behind either BL 27 or 33 (Steellink colours).  It was thru Cressy @
~
> 1150.
>
> Also spied was NR 82 & 80 on 9712/PM5? at Wingeel, just waiting....
>
> In this brave new world, I assume the Director of Public Transport will
recover
> payments from VLP for not running trains, who will recover the money from
FV via