Re: Australian Railway Digest (was NSW Railway Digest)

Hoges <pghogan@NOSPAMbigpond.com> wrote in message
Gew04.1857$5K1.13002@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:Gew04.1857$5K1.13002@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> John Kerley <deaftech@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Ont04.13071$MZ.90374@ozemail.com.au">news:Ont04.13071$MZ.90374@ozemail.com.au...
>
> > As a Victorian I can understand your feelings, but as an Australian I
> > welcome the change.
> >
> > Why don't  you do what a group of Victorians did a few years back
> (actually
> > about 10 I think)  when disatisfied with the ARHS Vic Div journal,
(albiet
> > for different reasons), and set up a "Rail News NSW".
> >
> Now there's an idea, and Rail News NSW can then sensibly ignore all these
> interloping "foreign" locos like DL's and EL's that can't keep to their
> State of origin!
>
> I can't help wonder how they'll report NSW locos that have ventured beyond
> the sacred border, like the ones at Port Augusta.  Presumably if they stay
> away long enough, Loco & Traffic notes will sadly conclude that they've
been
> scrapped. :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
>
> (RD contributor, and not parochial enough to think the system ends at
Broken
> Hill and Albury)

Paul,

What about those that have taken out foriegn citizenship like the 81's that
went to NRC, should they be stripped of voting rights in the next republic
referendum.<g>

Bob.