Re: New Airline and Speedrail??

Richard (richard_snook@primus.com.au) wrote:
> The Virgin Rail tie-inhad not escaped me, but I am unsure as to those routes that Virgin plies(UK). Are these serviced
> by air as well (not necessarily by him)..i.e. are these routes which have air-competition?
> I cant help but feel that a 25-30% uptake would cripple the logistics of Speedrail- Melb/Syd. Sure there are predictions
> of massive upswings of domestic travel anyway..but ....people are used togoing these routes by air these days..the
> purveyors of air-seats dont have to convert peoples preferences...speed rail has to educate its potential markets.

Virgin Trains operates the former Intercity West Coast and Intercity Cross
Country TOCs. The major revenue earners are London-Manchester and
London-Glasgow, also flown by Virgin Express.

Branson has proposed operating trains direct from the Midlands to Heathrow
(using the stored North-Of-London Eurostars!), connecting with Virgin
Atlantic flights to the US. It's what we call an integrated transport
network, a concept which isolated transport companies can't seem to grasp.

Cheers
David