Re: New Airline and Speedrail??

In article <3841B858.1EA9F849@primus.com.au>,
Richard  <richard_snook@primus.com.au> wrote:
>I wonder what effect this new startup by Branson will have on the viability of the Melb_Sydney extension of Speedrail??
>
>Anyonwe have some factual insight!!

 Virgin owns railway operating companies as well. They are as likely to buy into SpeedRail
and intergrate it into their airline operations as compete against it!

 Of course it will come down to how much slots cost as Sydney and Melbourne airports and
how much traffic the rest of the network generates as appossed to Melbourne-Sydney.

 Any one have figures on how large a segment of the market Sydney-Melbourne is as apposed to
every other route ?