Re: Track Recorder (VIC)

Hi Alex
By means of widgets,wheels,gauges,feelers,sensors,and the odd pen and ink it
records the up and down,side to side,movement of the track. If a section of
track is not with in specification as far as" out of gauge" or there are too
many "holes" or other deviations from the norm then the print out of the
session is given to the road foreman who gets kick up back side <g!>,he
gives it to the ganger or other responsible person,and gives them a thick
ear <g!>,the ganger lines up his gang and tells them they have some work to
do and will not be home for some weeks and off they go to fix the worst of
the problems,or else. :-(
Of course by having a print out of the recording it can be used for
comparison purposes,against past and future recordings to judge if the track
standard has deteriorated or improved to" Worlds Best Practise "<vbg!>
Hope this slightly tongue in cheek,basic How and why is a help.
Lineman Graeme
xJH%3.10927$MZ.78129@ozemail.com.au">news:xJH%3.10927$MZ.78129@ozemail.com.au...