Re: QGR Gympie old station reopened

The QUT Science train only went in to old Gympie because there is only one
platform at Gympie North and if it was on display there, it would have
caused too much disruption to normal services.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope of any more trains going in to old
Gympie. I enquired about running an excursion into old Gympie and was given
the answer that it is too hard or too much trouble. QR doesn't seem
receptive at all to the idea of through trains. If the matter was pushed,
QR would easily discourage it by charging extra for the negotiations with
the DOT and Mary Valley Heritage Railway and making an excursion not viable
any way.

Although the track is not cut at present, there is a suggestion that it may
be in the near future.

PETer and susAN Cokley <petan@NOSPAMion.com.au> wrote in article
<lR4%3.217$Ye2.4853@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>...