Re: Can NRs run to griffith?

Rod wrote in message <81h1ub$7jg$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

>> If we could get a std guage line from Narrandera to Seymour then this
idea
>> becomes even more attractive.
>>
>> Comments??
>Rod you mentioned the bridge at Narrandera across the Murrumbidgee I
believe total replacement would be required given the condition it is now
in. Further south of Narrandera the road overpass would need to be
abolished, why it was ever put there I don't know. At Tocumwal a complete
rebuild across the Murray would also be required. The 3 Goulburn river
crossings Mooroopna, Toolamba, and possibly Seymour would have to be
restrengthened.  Hume Hwy overpasses at Tallarook, Wallan,  Craigieburn, and
the Broadford /Wallan overpasses would require increased clearances.  I
would assume that the Seymour H/Hwy overpass would comply.  Infrastructure
upgrading in the metro area would  also be extensive however if this new
intermodal terminal at Somerton becomes a reality, upgrading of this section
would not be required. Yes a nice scenario Maurie put forward.

Cheers
Thommo