Re: Railfan shop; greetings from Albert

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> I remember this guy very well. I've only been in the shop once, on my
> so far only visit to Melbourne last January. He was fine with me, but
> his conversation with the only other (Aussie) customer in the shop
> quickly deteriorated into an argument, with Albert apologising if he'd
> upset the guy.

I had a similar experience to those given here on my last visit to the
Railfan Shop in August 1997. I was seeking all and every recent books on
Melbourne's trams and I was told there were none. Even though I was able
to find several on the shelves and bought them. I thought he didn't like
my New Zealand accent so left it at that and just paid for the bloody
books on my credit card and got out. I was followed round the shop as if
I was a thief so it was hard to browse. I might have bought more were I
given the chance but I wasn't able to look at all the stock.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

"Tsing siu sum che mun – please stand clear of the door."
-- Bilingual (Cantonese-English) announcement as the doors close on
trains of Hong Kong’s Mass Transit Railway.