Re: Sydney Airport railway

In <G6Z_3.51$Ua2.1345@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net> "torpanint" <torpan@yahoo.com> writes:

>Could someone please tell me when the airort rail link will be
>operational.Secondly, i had an unfortunate disagreement wiyh someone over
>the fact that this will terminate at Central.I remember readig that this
>line will go around the city circle..please advise.
>The follow up is line coming out on the eastern side of sydney yard ...how
>is it planned to get the city circle connected ...cross existing traffic?

Trial trains (8-car G sets according to Dave Johnson's posting in
'aus.rail') are to commence running on the airport line as from today I
believe! This is to check operating clearances, airflow patterns, running
times, emergency equipment configurations, etc.

The official opening is being brought forward to before next year's Easter
Show based on current projections since it's running so far ahead of
schedule, but I don't know how it can be done without any extra trains,
unless existing service corridors see less traffic, or the non-Tangara
services are reduced in size down to six cars to create more sets.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport