Re: secret train tunnels !

In article <d5ci3sgi9mm7ju61e69c7liimphqb7o1l5@4ax.com>,
Kingpin  <kingpin1@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>'Twas a dark and stormy night on Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:25:59 -0000 as "Rod
>Gayford" <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> took time out from the neverending quest to
>rid the world of grues and wrote:
>
>> I today checked out the tunnel at the Opera House mentioned in the original
>> posting. Yes it is big, and it appears old but I could not see any evidence

>That could be the old oil storage tunnels under the Botanic Gardens/Domain.

 They are around on the other side. Recently the oil tanks were 'rehabilitated'
to remove or at least seal in leftovers from its days as a fuel oil store for Garden
Island. The tanks are next to the substation, and look like a playing field, except
for the 2 large metal access covers in the middle of the field.

 There is now an expensive looking apartment block between the tanks and the bay.