Re: Sale - Hillside Safeworking - related question.

----------
In article <mauried.478.3838BD41@commslab.gov.au>, mauried@commslab.gov.au
(Maurie Daly) wrote:

>In article <3838A763.BD71E8C0@nmit.vic.edu.au> david

>>Just a wonder ( I know should look it up by other means ) - but could FV hire a
>>"F" or a "M" for these working ????

>You could get a better class of loco than an F or M .
>Im sure that ASR still have a few 830s on BG which would fit the requirement
>quite nicely.

Unfortunately that's not the problem.  The problem is the overall weight as
well.  The overall weight of a wagon with 12.5 t axle load is 50t, an 830,
roughly the same length as the wagon, would be 70t, give or take a few ton.
A K class steam has a 13t axle load, but weighs overall 100t.  The F is a
nice idea, there is a main line registered one!!

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne