Re: Improvements on NE SG

> Also coming thru Wodonga , noticed that Wodonga Box appeared to be
switched
> out,(didnt know this could be done.) and the the sigs on SG were green on
the
> down all the way from benalla Loop right thru Albury till the new loop at
> gerogery.
> This is a bit odd, given that I was about 30 mins ahead of ST2 the next
train.
> Normally the sigs thru Albury are only cleared a few mins before trains
> arrive.
> Could be part of the new control regime from Adelaide.
>
> MD
FOE was probably getting a meal (watching the cricket in the meal room on
the platform??), he can pull off one move at a time...
ARTC are rewiring Wodonga Box to allow it to be switched out.(but it has not
happened yet!)
What it will mean is that Wodonga A will no longer be required to open when
the BG is switched out. And so ARTC will no longer contribute to wages.
Freight Victoria immediately introduced new rosters to make allowances for
this short-fall.
On Sundays only, FOE signalmen have been instructed to sign on 30 mins
before the arrival of the first up Pass, and sign off 10 mins after its
departure. They should then return at about 11 am to arrive the down, remain
till the up departs! They will then return 30 minutes prior to the arrival
of the night pass and go home 10 mins later. So start work at 0600 and
finish at 2155..not a bad shift
if you are payed for it? but paid time will be about 6.5 hrs!
One FOE who lives at Rutherglen, said it would not be worth going home, but
the boss said he would have to vacate the premises. So our Rutherglen Hero
said he would take the Company car home...Boss answered..."No you
won't!...Freight Victoria have nothing to do with where you choose to live"
Guess Sunday Trains beyond Wangaratta are a thing of the past, as a lot of
sick leave is going to be taken by Wodonga signalmen rostered Sundays in the
Future!
And so it starts to happen!
Rod