Extra Services

>We were talking about it in the context of off peak and evening services
>rather than peak ones, and of course the lines don't magically become
>able to handle fewer trains outside the peak.
>
>They also agreed that they could fit a few extra trains in the peak if
>they needed to.
>
>PTUA vision is (from memory):
>Belgrave - all stations to Ringwood then Mitcham, Blackburn, Box Hill,
>Camberwell, Richmond (every 10 minutes)
>Lilydale - all to Box Hill then Camberwell, Richmond, City (every 10
>mins)
>Stopping all stations from Blackburn or Box Hill every 10 minutes with
>possibly some express running between camberwell and richmond
>Alamein trains act as sweepers between camberwell and richmond
>
>When you add in the GW trains that gives you five sets of trains each
>running every 10 minutes, which is a 2 minute frequency on the Burnley
>group. Its (just) possible to fit all those through the loop but PTUA
>policy is half through loop, half direct to Flinders.

I gathered that was what you meant but its all well and good to run these
services but track speeds have a part to play as well, also, what track between
Box Hill and Burnley are these trains going to run. Remember the outer tracks
are slower then the centre, however there is a proposal to change all Hillside
track speeds to 90 kmh, subject to curves of course, this would go a long way
to improving the service. BTW,  this PTUA policy you keep mentioning, is it
Loco Division or some other. I haven't heard of it at all. Please do tell:-))