Peterbrough Station news fri 19 th nov 1999.

17:18CST good evening from Peterborough , after
yesterday, another  very interesting day at The Station.
The subway is being handed over to the Council, so tests
 had to be carried out to determine the soundness of the
structure before the official hand over, this required the
digging of a few holes down to the roof of the Subway
then measurements were taken and the holes filled in.
don't ask me why .
The weed cutting and cleaning up brigade arrived next,
these are made up of people working of fines, and they
did an outstanding job of Whipper Snipping the weeds
I realy appreciate there efforts.
I likewise did my share and supplied the drinking water
and opened the toilets, as well as a general clean up
of the Platform.
Train comings and goings.
13:12 CST the Indian Pacific came rocketing through right
on time, and non stop.
15:45 Eastbound BHP freight came sneaking through the
crossing onto the loop  Headed by locos NR22,NR94,
and get your cameras ready, a beautifully prepared
DL41 in new AN livery, this was the best thing I have seen
this year, the consist was 12 bloom wagons ,7 wagons
of Steel products and 9 empty wagons.
16:05 Westbound BHP freight came in on main line at
a thunderous pace ,passing the up train on the loop
two   locos at the head NR37 and NR14, the consist
was mainly covered steel rolls for Whyalla.
Enjoy your Trains.
Robin
Photos: http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/Peterborough/
Email: stationmaster@ozemail.com.au