Re: [Melb] Yarra Trams - first move...

Steven Hurst <hurste@primus.com.au> wrote in message
xrmY3.128$dp.5032@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:xrmY3.128$dp.5032@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
>             I hear on the radio (MMM) that Yarra Trams are proposing to
> remove some stops and move others, in order to reduce travel times, and
> improve services.  This is basically their 'first move' since they have

IMHO there's a few stops on some (Swanston) routes that could be deleted
with no adverse consequences. In my neck of the woods on the 67, I reckon
there's far too many stops between Bambra Road and Glen Huntly Station -
probably 3 could be removed, and nobody would have to walk more than extra
couple of minutes. At the very least, one stop could go - the one between
Booran Road and GH station - that's about 45 seconds brisk walk from its two
neighbouring stops.

Daniel

--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia