Re: [VIC] R700

----------
In article <3830FA22.57B18BFD@ozemail.com.au>, James Brook
<ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>David Bromage wrote:
>
>> It's official? The R700/R766 deal was conditional upon WCR retaining the
>> Warrnambool contract.
>
>I forgot about that part of it but in the November Steamrail News it said
>that the work would be complete by Easter 2000 so I would assume that they
>would have to start work on R700's tender pretty soon.

It's not yet official, but work will commence as soon as a suitable draft
agreement can be signed off, until then there are no plans for the transfer
to take place.  I may have been wrong regarding having to wait until the
contracts for the Warrnambool are announced, but I am not doing any of the
direct negotiations for this deal, it was being talked about previously but
does not seem to be coming up as an issue at the moment.

For those wanting the full story, it's in the latest Steamrail newsletter or
look up the aus.rail archives, I think the thread was called '766 to WCR'

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne