Re: Guards to Drive During Olympics?

In <keithm.107.382F900B@commslab.gov.au> keithm@commslab.gov.au (Dave Malcolm) writes:

>In article <80lu5q$cv6$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au> writes:
>>From: "Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au>
>>Subject: Re: Guards to Drive During Olympics?
>>Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 20:10:51 +1100

>I suppose you are the type of person who objects to private operators crewing
>there own trains with there own QUALIFIED crews just because they never worked
>for the railways.

Well here's a twist for you - certain private freight operators are using
Freightcorp, CityRail and CountryLink drivers, etc. on a very part-time
basis to help supplement their small base of permanent staff. Of course this
is very much against the State Rail Code of Conduct which prohibits any
other form of employment.

In the case of FreightCorp drivers, this could be viewed by FreightCorp
management as a conflict of commercial interest on behalf of the company!
8-)

However, it's happening right now...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport