Re: Guards to Drive During Olympics?

Rod wrote:

> > > There is no way a Guard will be fully trained in 14 weeks!
> >
> > You are quite right.  Guards have been in training since they started as
> Guards.
>
> Thats not right David! You are trained in crowd control and Safety to the
> Public!
> Thats a lot different to mastering the movement and stopping of hundreds of
> tonnes of controlled mayhem.

Really?  Do you actually know what Sydney Guards are trained in?

> And that is why I say you are deluded, David. By the way I left my job as an
> Accountant with Coats Patons to eventually drive Trains!
> You wanted to bypass some of the most informative training you could have
> recieved, because you are still "white Collar" and perhaps did not want to
> get your hands dirty??

I have never been "white collar".  You claim that I wanted to bypass informative
training...  What pertinent training would that be?  I am not going to be
driving freight trains, or any loco hauled trains at all.  I will be driving
Electric Multiple Units which are completely different.

> Well Mate, you know what you want, and I am glad I dont work on the same
> system as you, and anyone else who looks for the easy way to do things.

I'm glad you don't work up here too.

> Well I do not know if they did or not, but of the 1000 odd guards, signalmen
> and shunters that
> were left without jobs, only 9 arrived on the Engines as Drivers, the rest,
> left or failed the classes.

That has nothing to do with me.

> No David, History says so, time and time again!  England produced an eleven
> month whiz Kid, and I bet he was as proud as you when he went to work each
> day. Wow! I can drive Trains!

Was he a guard first?

--
David Johnson