Re: Sydney Interurban Trains

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
382C1C51.DDDAE614@ozemail.com.au">news:382C1C51.DDDAE614@ozemail.com.au...
> Dave Proctor wrote:
>
> > Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
> > 382BE8D9.5F51470D@fastlink.com.au">news:382BE8D9.5F51470D@fastlink.com.au...
> >
> > > I know the one we are talking about its not anything listed above.
> > > I think, and its more of a guess, that it is the thermostat for the
a/c.
> > > As i said its only a guess.
> >
> > I think the first suggestion was right - the old sliding
> > "Smoking/Non-smoking" sign - or the remnants of it. The panels are about
the
> > size of a house brick, and are still on some carriages. They are only on
> > motor cars thoguh (DCM, DIM, DJM - not sure about DKM).
>
> Actually, the second suggestion was right.  It is a cover for where the
> Emergency push buttons were.

I thought of that too, but the size was not right. The panel for the old
sign is about right.

Perhaps the original poster could expand on his question, and tell us if he
sees it on every train he is on, or only occasionally (pointint to the
emergency button cover) and if it is only on motors and not trailers
(pointing to the remains of the sign).

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au