Re: Lease Fleets

Maurie

Point taken about "contrived" state of shortage.
My reasoning , well there is a little :-) is that there are quite a few operators with older locos....facing some sort
of rehash anyhow. The smart operators cannot wait for a change of heart by those holding power to ransom....they want
good reliable power and it would suit not to have to pour $millions into a paital resource when it could be better
spent.
If The Diesel boys (EDI and Goninans) are crying foul for something to build..my point is they can pre-empt the market
requirements or whinge...even if they started tomorrow there would be nothing off the line for 6 months...there is going
to be a continuing requirement for good power as companies enter into "particular" contracts for provision of service,
they cant be caught short , or they are severely penalised, effectively outsourcing their power requirements for some
trains would alleviate the burden.
Yes , valid point about Chicago's fleet...how many ELs do they have..13?

If an operator such as FV is looking to expand at  the same time as refurbishing its fleet...what is going to run at the
head of the trains??

Still, you're right...Aussie industry isnt famous for taking risks??...and then we buy it from oversees or send the idea
there.

Maybe  there isnt a Power Shortage after all!!

cheers >:~)) Richard