Re: Tumut and other such places.

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
3828C932.804C4B1B@fastlink.com.au">news:3828C932.804C4B1B@fastlink.com.au...
> Ok,
>
> I'm off on another drive this weekend.( Bombala was the last one.)
> Can anyone give me info on Tumut Station/Line and any other disused
> stations or lines in that part of the world?
>

> Thanx in advance.

AFAIK the line is basically intact from Coota to Tumut apart from where it
crossed the Hume Hwy at Coolac and a section at South Gundagai. There is
also the Batlow line, the junction is at Gilmore just before Tumut. Another
line is the Wagga to Tumbarumba line, I think some stations still exist but
Tumbarumba station is now gone.
There is also the Goondah to Burrinjuck tramway although not much exists any
more. There is a loco in a shed at Burrinjuck (Robin?) which has had some
restoration work done on it but I think it has stopped due to lack of funds.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton