Re: Sale - Stratford and beyond...

Lineman <grime@dcsi.net.au> wrote in message 382678ef@nap-ns1">news:382678ef@nap-ns1...

> > >Hi Sam
> As you say that section of road is most boring,and there was anecdotal
> evidence after the introduction of buses(sorry coaches) that passenger
> numbers fell off dramatically between Sale and Bdale,people said I might
as
> well drive myself to Sale etc etc.
> Wouldnt it be interesting to step back to the days of arrival at Traralgon
> change locos.
> Lineman
>
> Answering myself next day after the thought popped into the remains of a
logic centre,the way things are going wouldn't it be grand if J550 was
resurrected from the park in Warragul and had the West Coast treatment done
on it to be come "The City of Bairnsdale" the plates are already on one of
the N class so there is a cost saving.Just imagine how many tourists to the
Gippsland Riviere would like to ride that train all the way,behind
Victoria's most modern, under used, gauge convertible, surviving steam
kettle.<vbg>
Lineman