Re: Sale - Stratford and beyond...

"Darren H." wrote:

> Further to reports on the Avon river bridge at Stratford (Vic), RTL 1 has
> made several more visits to the line. It ran on Thu 4.11 with about 3 wagons
> across the bridge in the morning, and ran 'light' from Stratford yard to
> Hillside in the afternoon. It is expected to run daily to compact the track.
> A fine time for me to be on crutches.
> T, H and A class locos have been sited in Sale recently as well. A slight
> polish on the rails east (north?) of the yard suggests some may have been a
> little past Sale. No tyre marks as with the RTL. Things are finally getting
> interesting around here.
> Further info welcome.

With all of these developments, is it possible that we may see a return of the
Bairnsdale Pass (Bairnsdale was my home town!) either using Sprinters or P class
locomotives (dare I suggest an N class to Bairnsdale?)?
That part of the road is the most boring part between Melbourne and the border
(and beyond) and it is a pity to have to do it on a bus, when the rail route is
so beautiful.

It is great to see that F/V is clearing all of the B/S off the tracks so that
they can use the Stratford bridge. Will F/V be taking Fast Track freight into
and out of Bairnsdale?