Re: [NSW] Tangaras

No Tangaras on the Main North? You must be joking! It's the line with MOST of the
Tangaras by my observation, but it also has the most number of R sets (6 car
trains).

The morning peak timetable (from Hornsby to City via Main North) has at least 4
Tangaras scheduled for the "semi fast" services. From City to Hornsby via Main North
during that time, the services from around 7am onwards until 8am are all R sets.

There are 9 mid afternoon services (2.00-4.00pm) from Hornsby to City via Main
North, of which 6 of these are run by Tangaras or Outer Suburban Tangaras.

Ashley Wright <ajwright@spam.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38267021.497564@news.ozemail.com.au">news:38267021.497564@news.ozemail.com.au...
On Mon, 08 Nov 1999 14:33:47 +1100, Joel Cooper
<joel@abilitycorp.com.au> wrote:

>Could someone please tell me why there are so few Tangaras on the sydney
>main Northern line? There was a time a few years ago when about 70% or more
>of trains on all lines were Tangaras. Is it possible that some of these
>trains are being restored and held so that when the olympics start, city
>rail can bring out their best trains?

  Might also have somthing to do with the fact that all the K and C
sets (either forced air ir air conditioned) never see services on the
Illawarra. All Illawarra trains are R/S/L stock or Tangara's.
Admittingly Mortdale does have slightly more Tangara's than Hornsby
(Flemmington has none) but Hornsby would appear to cover much more
track.
------
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word