Re: R711 to Bendigo

I was a passenger: R711-3xBK-BRS-ACZ-RMS-PCP.
The leading BK was 711; the date was 7.11; we intended to set up a toast at
7.11 pm.

At Bendigo, the loco was named 'Spirit of Bendigo'.
The schedule in each direction was quite slack: no real opportunity to
exploit the enhanced power.
The down train reached the top of Macedon Bank at 50 km/h.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article