Re: What would be a worthwhile trip with a South-East Explorer Ticket - [Qld]

you cant go past getting an SX set! :) ... the 4:15 (well thats what it used
to be, think its 4.18 or something... in any case the train before the 4.26p
nambour express) ex roma st. to caboolture. is diesel hauled (usually a 1500
class) .. dunno if it will fit in with your schedule tho. unless u forgo the
4.26 some of the way.

tom.

Neil Stalker <nstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
7vt6jl$1d1$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7vt6jl$1d1$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Hi Aus.Railers,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a South-East Explorer Ticket - Explorer 3 (Travel
on
> Bus, Train and Ferry as far North as Nambour/Cooroy, South as
Cooloongatta,
> West as Helidon) and wondering what would be a worthwhile use of it for a
> full day trip. Like riding on as many different classes of trains as
> possible and as much mileage as possible during a weekday.
>
> I'm starting from Petrie Station and catching the 7:11am Nambour to Robina
> IMU to Robina arriving just after 9:00am (Snap a couple of photos of the
> IMU. I wonder what the station staff are like there.) and catching the
> 4:26pm Brisbane to Nambour (hopefully) SMU 220 from Roma Street and
catching
> it to Nambour (Arr. 6:21pm) then returning to Petrie on the 6:27 pm
service.
> Can any one suggest anything in between, besides the Yeerongpilly to
Corinda
> Railmotor service?
>
> I've been doing a quite a bit of researching on the trip. But I'm just
> wondering if anyone has any ideas.
>
> Oh and by the way The Unoffical QR History and Info Site has been moved
> finally to Railpage's Servers. Just use the same address and it will
> automatically redirect your browser.
>
> Dean A Stalker
> Ph: +61 (07) 3886 0809
> Email: dstalker2000@nospam.hotmail.com