Re: Melbourne Double deckers

Interesting comment so far

Perth is a bad ananlogy...once when there my friends apologised for the
traffic whencoming back from Airport..I nearly died laughing!!
Traffic...where..peak hour was like Melbourne during a Grand Final...
The point is taken about quality of service though.
Regarding loading..have you actually noticed how long a peak hour train
takes to load and unload..not whatit is supposed to but what actaully
transpires..especially say around Sth Yaraa and Richmond ..Caulfield
too...it strikes me thata the Tangaras with more space around those doors
would actually be better suited to traffic..
Im not sure of their reliability ..but that is simply a hard requirement of
the design requirements...youtell the supplier it must have 9X% up time or
else they are paying!!  Pretty standard these days

2 x # car sets are probably easier and cheaper to look after and PATROL than
4 car sets....and It would make more sense running Three car sets more
frequently during the day say on10 min headways.

Yep and I remember the halycion days of Harris's through the tunnels, lights
out....better than Luna Park.....but at least you could get some air
happening ona stinking hot day!!!