Re: Locked Points still does not stop a crash!

Rod <comtrain@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
7vog5e$802$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7vog5e$802$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> Krel <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
> 381f83fc.6457039@news.netconnect.com.au">news:381f83fc.6457039@news.netconnect.com.au...

> > Wrong, Riggs Creek has 2 pos Home arrival signals with an arrow route
> > indicator. The direction of the arrow can only be seen from a
> > relatively short distance and on the down the signal is around a blind
> > curve.

> Actually their are Green fish tails at 2 k, 1k and 500 meters on the up,
and
> similarly placed yellow fish tales on the down......but the point
> [condition] indicator is the light situated on the post at each end of the
> loop!
> For up trains it indicates a Green lite and a illuminated arrow pointing
> vertically, if either the green lite or the white arrow is not showing the
> points are probably incorrectly set!
> Down trains face a similarly positioned indicator at the other end, only
the
> arrow points 45deg to the left. The indicator only indicates a red light
> when an electrical problem occurs, or if the point has been damaged or
> interfered with.
> When a driver needs to manually set the points, the indicator remains red,
> but the train may proceed under the instructions of the qualified person
> operating the automatic switchman.

> So just to make sure you noticed..their are no home signals at riggs
Creek.

Sorry to be an argumentative mongrel, but, WON 19/97 said in part:

"2) Two position (light) Home signals are provided at each end of the loop.
These show Proceed when the points are detected normal, and Stop when the
points are open or reverse.  The signals normally show Proceed.  A route
indicator is provided on each Home signal and a white illuminated arrow is
displayed when the signal is at Proceed.  The arrow points 'Up' on the Up
Home signal and 'Left' on the Down Home signal.  A V5PSW keyswitch is
provided on each post to control the signal."

Why Rigg's Creek got Home Signals is beyond me, when other places (Sulky,
Glen Thompson & Heywood) have got Repeating Signals instead?

<troll>

Anyway, a real railway would have had a three position Auto to protect the
points. |-)

</troll>

--
Mr Notagunzel.