Re: Locked Points still does not stop a crash!

Krel <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
381f83fc.6457039@news.netconnect.com.au">news:381f83fc.6457039@news.netconnect.com.au...
> >A Trailable Loop, yes...
> >
> >> An indicator at each end tells the Driver that the points are locked in
> >> the correct position.
> >
> >Green & Yellow fishtails, no less...
> >
> Wrong, Riggs Creek has 2 pos Home arrival signals with an arrow route
> indicator. The direction of the arrow can only be seen from a
> relatively short distance and on the down the signal is around a blind
> curve.

Actually their are Green fish tails at 2 k, 1k and 500 meters on the up, and
similarly placed yellow fish tales on the down......but the point
[condition] indicator is the light situated on the post at each end of the
loop!
For up trains it indicates a Green lite and a illuminated arrow pointing
vertically, if either the green lite or the white arrow is not showing the
points are probably incorrectly set!
Down trains face a similarly positioned indicator at the other end, only the
arrow points 45deg to the left. The indicator only indicates a red light
when an electrical problem occurs, or if the point has been damaged or
interfered with.
When a driver needs to manually set the points, the indicator remains red,
but the train may proceed under the instructions of the qualified person
operating the automatic switchman.

So just to make sure you noticed..their are no home signals at riggs Creek.

> However, at 3 in the morning, after sending and recieving "key main"
> through authorities for the past two hours it is relatively easy to
> miss a "key loop" or even fail to notice a lack of "next authority" .
>
> Cheers
>
> Krel

You have my sympathies, I hated the system, it put too much on our
shoulders, I will never forget my first solo run out of Ballarat on a
Sprinter, the sweat was flowing freely by the time I arrived at North Shore.
I* found I was spending more time on the Safeworking, than looking at where
I was going, or how I was Driving!
Ah Wodonga, Riggs Creek is where we change over, so little pressure for us
there, for now.
Its just the long boring hours!